Current Job Postings
Job Title: Manager, Partnerships and Member Support
The Organization: Springboard Atlantic is a member-based organization, supported by ACOA and our 19 post- secondary institution members throughout Atlantic Canada, which works to grow Atlantic Canada’ s innovation economy through collaboration among academia, industry, and government. Springboard Central Office supports our 19 member institutions and the wider start-up community in Atlantic Canada. We manage specialized funding and support programs, we provide professional development and services to aid the Springboard Network in their work, we share success stories, and we organize events and collaborative projects.
The Role: We’re looking for a dynamic individual to complement our Central Office team. Located in Atlantic Canada (preferably Nova Scotia or New Brunswick), the Manager of Partnerships and Member Support will have the skills to expand relationships with private and public-sector stakeholders and lead activities that directly support our members.
In this role, you will oversee initiatives such as our Innovation Mobilization Program (a $1.2M funding program available to our Network members), as well as the Springboard 360° Series, a program where we bring industry partners and members together to look at innovative solutions to address business challenges.
Much of your time will be spent working with the industry engagement and commercialization offices across our 19 members institutions to provide direction and support in areas such as professional development, sector engagement strategies, and special events and conferences.
As part of a small but dedicated team, you will also lend your expertise and experience to many aspects of our operations including working alongside the CEO to foster and develop/broaden ecosystem partnerships among government agencies, industry associations, and various regional and underrepresented groups.
As the Manager of Partnerships and Member Support, you will need to be a big-picture strategist who can set goals, see trends, and anticipate challenges. You will also be a self-starter, managing the tiny details of evolving projects and programs, as well as a team player eager to contribute to the outcomes of Springboard Central Office and the Network.
We are looking for someone who is:
- focused on results
- comfortable being on the road throughout Atlantic Canada engaging members, networking, and building relationships.
Skillsets & experience required for this role:
- Knowledgeable in building partnerships among academia and industry
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills including the capacity to engage and interact with people across industry, academia, and government
- Experience managing projects that involve multiple key stakeholders, including government
- Comfortable presenting and speaking in public
- Experience facilitating discussions that draw out real, actionable insights
- Familiar with doing the behind-the-scenes administration needed to develop successful programs, events, and initiatives, including preparation, budgeting, management, and post-activity follow-up and reporting
- Confident working toward big picture goals, while still focusing on the details of day-to-day operations
- Familiar with the innovation ecosystem in Atlantic Canada
- Clear and professional communication in-person, on paper and digitally
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, PPT, Excel and Outlook)
Additional desirable, but not required, skills:
- Bilingual (English / French)
- Experience working with post-secondary institutions
- Fundamental knowledge of technology commercialization, intellectual property (IP), and related government funding programs
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and an opportunity to work in a blended work environment with an energetic team.
If you think you’d be a good fit as our new Manager, Partnerships and Member Support, please apply via Career Beacon. This position will remain open until it is filled. We will not be accepting applications via email.
Should you have inquiries regarding the position, prior to applying, you can contact the Springboard Central Office team at [email protected].