ACcelR8 Accelerator Program For Start-Ups And Mentors
July 25th, 2013
ACcelR8 Program Now Accepting Applications for Startups and Mentors
The ACcelR8 accelerator program application process has opened for startups and mentors, as announced by Enterprise Fredericton and Knowledge Park.
“Knowledge Park is an integral element of the province’s innovation ecosystem. The Park’s commercialization environment, CEALT and its ACcelR8 program is a primary pathway supporting Fredericton’s vision of being ‘Atlantic Canada’s Startup Capital’ as set out in the City’s Vision 2020 Economic Development Strategy,” said Larry Shaw, CEO of Knowledge Park.
Early-stage companies, meeting the defined criteria below, can now apply until the deadline of August 9, 2013 – 5PM AST. Click here for the application Criteria:
• Legally entitled for incorporation in New Brunswick, Canada
• High growth potential and financial feasibility
• Product/service within the Knowledge sector and the priority growth sectors of New Brunswick (i.e. ICT, clean tech, aerospace & defence, biotech)
• Preference will be given to startups with minimum viable product (MVP) or prototype developed
• Strong founding team for business execution
• Product market fit with validation (Customer discovery)
Mentors are also required for the ACcelR8 program. If you are interested in becoming a mentor or know of someone who may be interested, please fill out this short survey to determine your area of interest and expertise.
Click here for information.
Commitment time for mentors will vary for each cohort, based upon expertise and schedules. Mentors do not have to solely reside in NB. Although, in person is preferred.
For prospective startups and mentors – information sessions on the ACcelR8 Accelerator Program will be held on Tuesday, July 30th 12-12:45PM AND Tuesday, August 6th, 4-4:45PM.
Live streaming can also be arranged for individuals outside of the region.
Sally Ng, Executive Director of ACcelR8 / CEALT remarked “Startups in ACcelR8 will go through an intensive 3-month mentorship program, and have access to resources that will help their company
grow exponentially. After the program, they can also stay within the center for a maximum of one year.”