Celebration September: Agile Technologies – Soaring To New Heights
September 28th, 2017
Click on the link below to read the full article.
Highlights from this story include:
- Agile Sensor Technologies is a start-up out of Memorial University (MUN) focused on the commercialization of robotics technologies.
- The company and the underlying tech came out of a multi-year Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) Atlantic Innovation Fund (AIF) project with Dr. Nick Krouglicof who is now Agile’s Chief Technology Officer.
- Its first technology – a motor control system for drones was released onto the market in 2015.
- A partnership with Solace Power (another NL startup), and a strategic partnership with Gaitech International Ltd. of Shanghai, China is enabling new growth. The partnership with Gaitech includes a strategic investment in Agile and an agreement to co-develop new products for distribution in the global robotics market. Their first joint project is to produce a plug-and-play development platform for robot makers.
- Memorial’s Technology Transfer and Commercialization Office aided Agile in protecting its intellectual property portfolio, which now consists of over five issued patents.
- Key stats: 1 new company, 1 license, 9 new jobs.