Celebration September: Pest Fighting Pheromones
September 25th, 2017
Click on the link below to read the full article.
Highlights from this story include:
- Pest management using pheromones is key to helping the agriculture and forestry sectors continue to grow in ecologically responsible ways.
- Dr. Kirk Hillier and the Office of Industry and Community Engagement were able to build new partnerships around Atlantic Canada’s considerable expertise in fighting insect pests. They were successful in receiving $4.42 million from the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency’s (ACOA) Atlantic Innovation Fund (AIF) to help foster this innovation.
- The project has generated: 2 full patents, 2 more patents pending and 9 technologies licensed for commercialization.
- The project has enabled Sylvar Technologies to launch a complete line of pheromone pest management products on the market.
- The work has proven so promising that a second AIF has been awarded to continue this development of this technology for $2.93 million.