NS Governement Provides Funding For SMU’s Entrepreneurship, Discovery And Innovation Hub
March 20th, 2018
St. Mary’s University (SMU) is planning to build a new Entrepreneurship, Discovery and Innovation Hub on the campus in the South End of Halifax and the Province of Nova Scotia will contribute about $11 million to the facility. The facility will advance the ‘Discovery and Innovation’ and ‘Intercultural Learning’ components of the Saint Mary’s University 2017-2022 Strategic Plan.
The other innovation-related funding initiatives that the government announced last week include:
- Research Nova Scotia Trust: $20 million to fund post-secondary research in oceans and ocean technologies, life sciences, information technology and other areas.
- Offshore Growth Strategy: $ 11.8 million to extend offshore activities in the earth and oil sciences for another four years.
- DeepSense: $5 million to support the creation of a platform for ocean data analysis to contribute to the growth of the regional marine economy.
- Innovation Team: $1.5 million to support a new suite of projects that will help post-secondary institutions contribute to the growth of the provincial economy, attract students and provide more research and development opportunities.
- Sandbox: $850,000 to create a ninth sandbox in the Southwestern Nova Scotia region to bring together students from Nova Scotia Community College and Université Sainte-Anne.
To read the full story on Entrevestor, click here.