Pond-Deshpande Centre Student Ambassadors
October 14th, 2014
The Pond-Deshpande Centre (PDC) is pleased to announce their 2014 Student Ambassadors.
The Student Ambassador Program has selected 26 students representing all of the post‐secondary institutions in the province.
The official kickoff to the two‐year program is October 28th in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
With diverse educational backgrounds including: Philosophy, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, Psychology, Political Science, Law, Crafts Design the Student Ambassadors are action‐oriented innovators driven to change the world. They are students who want to learn about and champion the entrepreneurial Culture in Atlantic Canada.
The Student Ambassador experience includes the opportunity for:
– A first‐hand look at the entrepreneurial world through regional and global opportunities. This includes an exploration of the Boston Startup Communities and potential travel to India.
– Development of real-world entrepreneurial skills
– Organization of entrepreneurial campus projects with teams, mentors and funding
– Hosting the YES Atlantic (Youth Entrepreneurship Summit)
– Invitations to mixers, community events, conferences, and a broad range of opt-in opportunities throughout the year
– To meet a phenomenal peer network from across the province.
– Participation in Pitch competitions and to possibly win $1000 to market test their own innovative idea.
“New Brunswick is a hub of innovation and entrepreneurship. We are helping build a movement of young change agents on a mission to turn possibilities for a better world into today’s reality. We strive to better equip the next generation of changemakers to take action using the entrepreneurial lens,” said Karina LeBlanc, Executive Director, Pond-Deshpande Centre.
“Today’s reality is that the region needs young people to put their talent and full potential to work toward transforming the future of the region. The millennials are purpose-driven and many are passionate about starting their own ventures or working for companies that are making a positive impact. This dynamic cohort of Student Ambassadors, selected from across the province, are poised to do just that,” said Jenelle Sobey, Social Innovation Manager responsible for the design and delivery of the Student Ambassador Program.
The Pond‐Deshpande Centre at the University of New Brunswick acts as a catalyst to grow and support a stronger culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the province of New Brunswick. It was founded through the support of Gururaj “Desh” Deshpande, President and Chairman of Sparta Group LLC, Jaishree Deshpande, Treasurer of Sparta Group LLC, and a founder of the Deshpande Foundation, and Gerry Pond, Chairman of Mariner Partners and CEO of East Valley Ventures. For more information, visit www.ponddeshpande.ca