We’re hiring a data analyst, come join the Springboard team
February 12th, 2024
Springboard Atlantic is an Atlantic Canadian network whose mission is to accelerate the growth of the region’s innovation economy. We do this by advancing commercial research partnerships among academia and industry (and government), and by providing intellectual property support to innovators and high-potential companies.
We finance and support a network of industry engagement and commercialization professionals across 19 universities and colleges. We manage specialized funding programs for our network as well as innovative startup companies. We educate and promote the value of innovation and commercialization through partnering events, special projects and by communicating the success of our members, partners, and clients.
Springboard Atlantic is supported by our post-secondary member institutions and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency. Program support is also provided by Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada.
We’re looking for a dynamic individual to complement our Central Office team. Located in Atlantic Canada, the Business Data Analyst will have the skills to leverage key metrics and assess relevant economic and applied research data to inform organizational decision making as well as internal and external communications.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Building and administering KPI and funding programs tracking and reporting databases
- Helping maintain our organizational metrics
- Performing data analysis in support of our operations and outcomes
- Gathering, analysing, and managing data from various external and internal sources
- Formatting and presenting information to support of stakeholder and Board reporting requirements
- Collaborating with program leads and stakeholders to identify ongoing data needs and requirements
- Identifying and utilizing leading analytics tools to generate insights from various data sources
In addition to your ability to source, organize and analyse pertinent information, you will also have a keen interest in designing and developing business intelligence reports and dashboards, and in preparing dynamic presentations for the Executive team and key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will also work with the industry engagement and commercialization offices across our 19 members institutions as well as external partners throughout the wider innovation ecosystem to leverage key information resources and provide business intelligence reports for our network.
As part of asmall but dedicated team, you will lend your expertise and experience to support the data and reporting requirements of many aspects of our operations including communications, finance, and program delivery.
We expect you to assist us to identify opportunities for improvement and raise any point of attention to management regarding opportunities to optimize data collection and analytics strategies and tactics.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A strong self-motivated individual who can work independently with the ability to prioritize tasks and is proficient in worksheets. You have a knack for business analysis, while being capable of working with a ton of information.
- Outstanding communications, superb number crunch capacity, and an eye for detail are essential for this job.
Skillsets & experience required for this role:
- 3-5 years of work experience performing similar tasks/responsibilities
- High proficiency with Office Suite (Word, PPT & Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and/or CRM tools
- Capacity of working with great volume of data and find the needle in the haystack
- Knowledge of statistical models, or how to automate worksheets would be an asset
- Business, Accounting, Mathematics, or related area
- Excel, Power BI, BO, or any Analytics Certifications would be a great asset.
Additional desirable, but not required, skills:
- Bilingual (English / French)
- Experience working with post-secondary institutions and/or government
- Fundamental knowledge of technology commercialization, intellectual property (IP), and technology startups
The salary range for this position is $62,000 to $68,000. Springboard offers a competitive benefits package and an opportunity to work in a blended work environment with an energetic team.
If you think you’d be a good fit as our Business Data Analyst, please apply via Career Beacon. This position will remain open until it is filled. We will not be accepting applications via email.
Job Title: Business Data Analyst Springboard Atlantic Inc.
Should you have inquiries regarding the position, prior to applying, you can contact the Springboard Central Office team at [email protected].